I think I just now realized why bark is such a popular holiday treat:
- It’s literally as easy as melting chocolate
- You can make so many different variations
- It’s not supposed to look perfect!
In the past I’ve done Chocolate Peppermint Bark and Pretzel Toffee Bark (amaze), so I wanted to try something new this year. Enter: homemade S’mores Bark! Still as easy as melting chocolate, but not quite as overdone as other barks (I’m looking at you, peppermint!). Use gluten-free graham crackers for Gluten-Free S’mores Bark if desired.
INGREDIENTS: (quantities depend on how much you want to make!)
Graham crackers- regular or gluten-free
Milk chocolate morsels or chunks
- Cover the bottom of a baking sheet or pan with foil. Place graham crackers down in single layer, covering the bottom of sheet completely. This is your first layer.
- Melt chocolate. (I opt for the microwave- using a microwave-safe dish, heat chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring in between sessions. You must stir in between or you’ll end up with chunky charred chocolate!).
- Once chocolate is a smooth consistency, pour it on top of the graham crackers and use the back of a spoon to spread evenly, coating the graham crackers with a full layer of chocolate. Before the chocolate cools, add marshmallows! Sprinkle on and gently press into the chocolate to make sure they stick on later.
- Add to fridge for 30 minutes, or until cool. Once set, break into big chunks! Package for gifts or seal in an airtight bag.