It’s moving week! In just a few short days I’ll be making the move into my own little studio in Cardiff. I can’t wait! But before I start bringing in the boxes it’s first things first: clearing the old energy!
It’s important to clear and reset the energy in your room or home every so often, and especially before moving into a new place (who knows what went down in there before you got there!). Stale old energy is not ideal and negative energy can become suffocating. Walls are like sponges, they soak up energy and reflect the life of its inhabitants. A few months back I made a day of clearing the energy in my bedroom, and I will never underestimate the power of doing so again!
If you find yourself googling “how to get rid of bad energy in a room”, you know you’ve got yourself an issue. After weeks of feeling anxious, apathetic, weighed-down, and generally “off” when coming home at night, I finally had an epiphany: there is some baaaaad juju in my room! It wasn’t always like this; in fact my bedroom usually makes me feel happy, relaxed and inspired. But somewhere along the way something got out of whack, and it took me a while to realize what was going on. After clearing the energy I was happy spending time in my room once again and was able to be productive, inspired, and content while at home. A complete shift!
Don’t suffocate with bad juju! If you even think you might need to remove the negative energy in your room, it’s time to do it. Here are six things I do to cleanse bad energy in a room:
- Sage. You can usually purchase dried sage smudge sticks where you can incense. With a wet ashtray at the ready to dip into when you’re finished, light the sage on fire and wave it around the room, carefully swirling it in a counterclockwise rotation.
- Fresh Air. Open the windows and allow natural sunlight and fresh air to pour in. This can be difficult to do if your room doesn’t get much light or you live in a colder climate, but a little is better than nothing.
- High Frequency Music and yes, Clapping. Playing high vibration music and clapping loudly can make a big difference in disrupting the energy of a space. Blast some music and be sure to clap around the room despite how funny you feel (hey, it’s actually pretty fun).
- Bring in Plants. Plants are a natural filter for air and negative energy. Be sure to pick up plants that thrive indoors like the Snake Plant and Rubber Tree.
- Absorb with Salt. Place bowls of salt in the corners of the room and remove after a few hours. The salt will help absorb the bad energy and freshen the air.
- Clear Clutter. If you’ve letter clutter accumulate now is the time to clear it. This goes for paper junk, freebies you will never use, unfolded laundry, etc. If you think you have no clutter to clear, rearranging the room is good too.
The key to clearing bad energy successfully is doing each step with intention and being present in the moment. I hope this helps some of you to create a fresh start for yourself and reclaim the positive energy in your living space!
Any other tips for clearing bad energy in a room?