If I’m being honest, I think I listened to Tegan and Sara for a collective 25+ hours this week. Can’t take that shit off repeat! I feel like I struggle to find music to work to- if it’s too much of an inspiring pump up jam I lose focus and start daydreaming, but if it’s too mellow or relaxed my whole pace slows. Haim and Spotify’s Digster Workout Playlist was doing the trick for a while (until I ran it into the ground on repeat) but it’s safe to say I’ve found a good replacement for now.
But man, what a week! I really pushed myself to be productive during the week, so I was ready to let go and enjoy the fun long weekend in LA and Newport. It was non-stop and also the best (and most eventful) weekend in a while! How can you not be happy when you kick off the weekend with a great mail day and are surrounded by flowers and get to wear a sundress in February?!
Saturday- LA day with the guy:
- Breakfast & Spanish Latte Granitas at Urth
- Downtown LA for some Rad Lion supplies and a trip to the LA Flower Market
- Runyon Canyon hike! (Potentially jacked up my foot)
- Happy hour at Pink Taco
- Griffith Observatory at dark before heading home
Sunday- all over!
- Spontaneous donut run to Sidecar Donuts in Costa Mesa. The Huckleberry was gorgeous (see below) and my favorite but the Madagascar Vanilla Bean Glaze was also yummy.
- Long Beach Flea Market! Despite my limping I was determined to make it. Glad I did because I snagged some awesome finds- pics to come!
- Iced tea lemonade, manicure, and sunny reading sesh
- Sushi date with Mom
Monday- Monday- LA to San Diego!
- Grabbed breakfast at Cafe Gratitude with Mom as first timers. Everything is vegan and organic and the atmosphere with positive affirmations is fun. I ordered a raw cashew crepe (by saying, “I am Fantastic!”) and we shared a Chia Porridge (“We are Free!”). I also sipped on a perfect matcha latte and took some fresh pressed juice to go.
- La Habra’s new Daiso Japan pit stop to load up on kitchen organization supplies for the new place!
- Linner at Umami Burger in Costa Mesa (another first). Reminiscent of Burger Lounge but with a wider selection- I got the Original Burger with a portobello instead of patty!
- Made it back to San Diego in time for some evening tea sippin’ and week preppin’.
It’s going to be a MAJOR week ahead! Stay tuned What’s on your agenda this week?