Regardless, asparagus and blood oranges are a winning combination. The flavors compliment each other perfectly, with the sweet citrus brightening up the dish. And since I’m pretty sure this took me less than five minutes of hands-on prep (washing and trimming) it’s a great weeknight side.
Roasted Asparagus with Blood Orange
1 bunch fresh asparagus
1 blood orange
Drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350. Wash and trim asparagus spears. Then peel and cut the blood orange into chunks.
- Add asparagus to pan then drizzle with olive oil and lightly toss to coat.
- Add to oven and let roast for 15-20 minutes, or until sizzling and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately add blood orange chunks to asparagus, squeezing one or two slices on top to drizzle the spears with juice.
- The heat will warm the blood oranges and release their sweet acidity. Serve immediately, although it does keep well for next day’s lunch.