Last summer Daily Cup of Asheejojo nominated me for a Liebster Award, and I meant to do a post. Then a few months back One Dreamy Mess nominated me. I really meant to do a post. And then this week Love, Alysha nominated me. Well guys…I’m finally doing it
Liebster Awards are a fun way to get to know other bloggers and discover some new favorites, too.
Here are the rules:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you
2. You must answer the questions given to you
3. You must pick other bloggers to be nominated for the award
4. You must create ten questions for your nominees
5. You must notifiy the nominees
I combined the questions from each nomination and answered my 10 favorite. Is that cheating? 😛
1. Are you a morning person or a night owl? I love mornings. One word: breakfast. But also I love that it’s a fresh start to a new day, filled with peaceful morning light and little rituals, and way easier for me to be productive.
2. The first blog you ever starting following? Bakerella circa 2008, pre Cake Pop stardom. My friend and I would troll Tastespotting during 300+ people lecture halls, so that was my introduction to all kinds of awesome food blogs. Miss those days.
3. If you won a trip to go anywhere (regardless of cost) where would it be? Hoooo boy, here we go. A safari trip in South Africa spent half camping, half in those amazing luxurious hotels. A trek throughout Thailand and Indonesia (elephants!). Maldives. St. Lucia. Islands…all of the islands. Glamping anywhere. Hell, just check out my travel board.
4. What is your favorite active activity to do outdoors? Hiking, bike riding, run-walking the beach.
5. What genre of music is your go-to for pump-up workout music? Mash ups and party music. I find great playlists on 8-tracks or I’ll come across a song that really speaks to me that month and play it into the ground.
6. Your favourite book or magazine? I’m a magazine junkie. I used to
save hoard all of my YM and Teen People mags in pristine condition, thinking if I saved them long enough they would be worth money. Now I just have pages full of Aaron Carter and Josh Hartnet in my family’s attic. My absolute favorites these days are San Diego Mag and Sunset; I find myself ripping out places to eat, cities to visit, and all kinds of random inspiration.
7. Are you a procrastinator? Yes, when I get too hung up on wanting to make something perfect. Like blog posts.
8. Do you have a favourite bar or on-the-go snack? Lara bars and Kind bars and Pure bars. And coconut water.
9. What do you love most about the blogging community? There’s really such a unique sense of community and friendship that you can’t find anywhere else. And the fact that you can meet people from all over you would otherwise never come into contact with.
10. Random fact: I once accidentally left a banana in the pocket of my letterman’s jacket for an entire year. It was black and shrunk to half the size.
Alright! Here are the questions for my nominees (and readers, too )
1. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? Why?
2. What is your guilty pleasure?
3. Favorite restaurant?
4. Why did you start blogging?
5. What is one skill you wish you had?
6. What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
7. What’s your favorite workout or healthy activity?
8. What would you do if Pinterest crashed and ceased to exist?
9. What is your favorite way to unwind and de-stress?
10. Share a random fact about yourself.
Have fun, ladies!